Thursday, September 28

I Want To Breathe


It is surprising how,
I get lost in my loneliness
In the milling crowd

I’m shoved, I’m dashed,
Carried to the corner; and stashed
Searching myself in the dark
I am kicked back
In the middle, right in the middle of the sea of people.
And this sea
Flows and churns, tosses and turns,
Until I’m choking, grasping for breath
But I can’t.
‘Cause somebody has been strangling me all the while.
I don’t even know who.
He has no face, no soul, no name,
Only a pair of hands holding my throat.
And I am powerless and down on my knees,
The faces around me blurring; fading away.
I want to fight, but my limbs won’t move.
My body defeated, long before I give up…

It is surprising to know how,
Standing on the shore
I get lost in my loneliness
And trying to find myself
Die a new death
Every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice poem frnd!why dint u publish iit in ur maaaag?

Achilles said...

Perhaps my magazine has set some higer standards for itself!

Anonymous said...

mind blowing!!!!(dimaag mein aandhiyan chalne lagi)