Sunday, February 18

I Want To Breathe


It is surprising how,

I get lost in my loneliness

In the milling crowd

I’m shoved, I’m dashed,

Carried to the corner; and stashed

Searching myself in the dark

I am kicked back

In the middle, right in the middle of the sea of people.

And this sea

Flows and churns, tosses and turns,

Until I’m choking, grasping for breath

But I can’t.

‘Cause somebody has been strangling me all the while.

I don’t even know who.

He has no face, no soul, no name,

Only a pair of hands holding my throat.

And I am powerless and down on my knees,

The faces around me blurring; fading away.

I want to fight, but my limbs won’t move.

My body defeated, long before I give up…

It is surprising to know how,

Standing on the shore

I get lost in my loneliness

And trying to find myself

Die a new death

Every day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounded quite frightening to me,that's all.

Macadamia The Nut said...

Perceptive