Saturday, April 7

A Loveletter

This is a very old piece I found stacked somewhere deep inside my records. And I still love its fresh and innocent feeling.

Dear Moon,


There has been something I have wanted to tell you for a very long time. But could not. Har baar main himmat jutata hoon aur phir kho deta hoon. How... how do I tell you this? And what will be your reaction? I have done and undone this letter so many times... only I believe I get enough courage to give it to you this time.

Moon you have been a friend for a long time. We have shared happiness, pain, fun and lots more together. But every time I was with you there was a strange feeling deep inside me. I never could place the feeling anywhere, under any relationship. I never could make out why you and only you evoked this feeling. For a long time I burnt in a fire of this pain and guilt... guilt that this was not right. But I never could drive this feeling away.

Now I think I realize that strange sensation. I have fallen in love with you my M, ever since I saw you, ever since I felt your softness I have lost my heart to you. And however hard I may try to drive off the feeling, I cant seem to. I love you... from deep inside my heart, from all my soul.


I do not know how you would take it. You may be surprised, angry, sad... I don't know. I know your first instinct would be to refuse, for this does not feel right. But against all hope, I hope you would say yes. And this hope is what has kept me alive waiting for an answer. For if you refuse, some part of me will surely die.

I would be waiting for your answer. Any subtle hint... if you dont want to answer. Anything at all. But whether a yes or no please do answer. For a heart here is at stake... a life here is at your mercy.

With love

Yours ever
Sandeep

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

All my life, i have never come across anything that's sweeter than this..

Where most of the guys falter and squirm, you hav gone ahead with considerable boldness. The innocent sincerity of the letter really touches the heart. Again, I notice a distinct pattern here.. the blending of feelings into a giant powerhouse of emotions, which is overpowering.

I think the ending was a bit dramatic where it says
"For a heart is at stake... a life here is at your mercy."
But apart from that, a beautiful piece of writing..

i think Moon will say YES without thinking twice!! ;)

Kay said...

Hmmm.....

Anonymous said...

i always knew you would be so wonderful at this...what surprises me is the lucidity with which you have presented the toughest of emotions......

i am bowled over but woe i am not a girl.... i hope MOON, whoever she is says yes.....

Sandeep Mishra said...

Achchha LL tha, pretty impressive...
but tell me one thing, did u get that LL in my stack of documents ???
I mean 70% of it is wat as contained in my 1st LL :O lolzz...
baaki 30% bhi same hota to jyada effect padta. ;)

Samyak said...

Hey sandeep does moon knows abt it??? very impressive letter. I hope Moon agrees to this n selects u the love of her life.

Anonymous said...

hmm good 1
good language, good expression of feelings and stuff......
but brother i really don't hope u r serious man!!
for u must b noin she's got a solid reln with my brother, tapas.
well, its different if u din't no dat.
but if u no all that and still wrote it, i'll call u selfish for tapas is ur friend too, ain't he??

Achilles said...

Some confusion guys! This Moon I am referring to is by no means the Sampanna Didi you and I knw.
:)
In fact, it was just a figment of my imagination where I replaced the character with The Moon that we see up in the sky with the stars.


So I guess I can do without some sabotage on my reputation
;)
Btw... who's this last comment from?

Anonymous said...

shit!
is that it??
so sorry 2 embaress u brother!
or in ur words, sabotage ur reputation.
good to know it wasn't her,
for she's lik a sister 2 me u c.
i'm sure u would'v written the same, wearin my shoes.
so jst drop it .....

hopin that UR moon does fall in luv wid u eventually,
its me, satyaprakash dixit